11450 SE Dixie Highway, Suite 102
Hobe Sound, Florida 33455
Tel: (772) 545-9046
Fax: (772) 545-9049
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• 1968 Bachelor of Arts Degree from Marietta College, Marietta, Ohio.
• 1968-1970 Served with the 1st Infantry Division in Vietnam.
• 1970-1973 Worked in Planning and Cost Management for the Martin Marietta Corporation in Denver, Colorado.
• 1973-1978 Attended the University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California received a Jurist Doctor Degree; Admitted to the California Bar; and Partner in the firm of John R. Drews and J.Terence McManus in San Francisco.
• In 1979 J. Terence McManus, ESQ. was admitted to the Florida Bar;
• From 1980, I practiced in North Palm Beach, Florida; in the areas of General Litigation, Family Litigation, Probate Litigation, Real Estate and Estate Planning Administration.
• In 1992 he Founded the firm of J. Terence McManus, Chartered; and limited the practice to Estate Planning Probate and Trust Litigation.
• In 2006 we relocated to Hobe Sound, Florida.
• In 2007 he discontinued trial work, but continued work on a full-time basis in Estate Planning and Probate Trust Administration.
• Florida Bar Real Property, Probate &Trust Law Section; Palm Beach County Bar Association; Martin County Bar Association; and Martin County Probate, Trust Law and Guardianship Committee.
• Juno Beach Planning and Zoning Board, Chairman, pro tem; Palm Beach County School Board, Judge in expulsion hearings; Palm Beach County Bar Association; guest lecturer on Estate Planning matters; and Veterans Administration Hospital, volunteer.
• My wife, Eleanor, has worked with me as office manager since 1992; I have a daughter, Heather McManus of Monrovia, California; and Eleanor has two children, Kerry Skiles of Raleigh, North Carolina and Michael Skiles, of Tequesta, Florida.
• If you would like further information on our services please email us at the following: